Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

In honor of valentines day I am posting a couple of small projects with romantic themes. 


First are three small hearts (~4 in.) for a hearts for a Dollstreet Dreamers heart exchange.  Each heart is made with a different African wax print fabric that I hand drew and then machine stitched. I painted each portrait with kissing lips using Jacquard acrylic fabric paints and added detail with Micron and gel pens.  I embroidered X's and O's, the traditional letters representing hugs and kisses on each heart.  I then embellished each piece with beads collected from South Africa and the United States.
 My second project is for yet another ATC swap with a mermaid theme.    The cards are drawn with colored pencils and ink on card stock.  These drawings are inspired by my daughter and her love of princesses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just received the princess half of these 2 ATCs for my swap. Thank you! I like the sailor as well. They're cute together!
-Racheledj on swap-bot.com
racheldejager.blogspot.com