Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Recent Small Works

Serenity Garden
I have found time to do a few Swap-bot swaps this past month.  ATCs can't be beat for a quick art project that fulfills the need to create.  It is a nice break from some of the larger projects I have been working on.
The first picture is an ATC diptych 'Serenity Garden'.  The challenge was to create a paper collage and then draw/paint the collage on a second card.  I drew it freehand with colored pencils.  I think I could have done a better job if I used a grid to transfer the design over.  It was also hard to get the color pencil colors intense enough.

Coy Kitty
The second picture is a collage of papers and plastic.  The only requirement was the ATC include a heart.  Here there is a yellow-eyed, white cat peeking out from behind the heart.  I titled it 'Coy Kitty.'
The last picture is a folded paper Geisha bookmark.  You can find instructions here.  It was so fun that I made another with one of the neighbor girls.
Geshia bookmark

No comments: