Friday, April 18, 2014

In Honor of Earth Day & A Dress Not on My Daughter


Drawing of finished bag
 

 In honor of Earth Day this year, Spoonflower is hosting a contest for a shopping bag.  The idea is that the bag can be made with one yard of fabric and reduce the reliance on plastic shopping bags.  I have used prints from my Pond Life collection since it is a celebration of aquatic plants and animals.  The prints feature blue herons, turtles, amphibians, insects and other creatures found in and around freshwater ponds in the northeastern United States.  Please consider voting in the contest.  The Heron and Cattail prints will be available soon.
And finally is a picture shown below of someone other than my daughter wearing one of my fabric designs.  She purchased Red Rose Argyle from my Garden Path collection and had it made into this stunning retro dress.  Thanks for sharing!

http://www.spoonflower.com/designs/3052426
Full yard view of the fabric on Kona cotton

 
http://www.spoonflower.com/designs?view=45838
Sharon in Red Rose Argyle


No comments: