Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sing! Sing! Sing! and Room at the Table ATC's

This ATC incorporates painted lace, stamping inks and ephemera.  It was inspired by a song.  It could be a Benny Goodman's tune written by Louis Prima. It could be the song whose lyrics are:
"I keep wanting to spread my arms wide like wings
Breathe deep and sing for my life, sing for the earth
Sing, sing sing!"
Unfortunately, I do not know who wrote the later.. 
My second ATC is a copy of Picasso's painting Large Still Life with a Pedestal Table, from March 1931 in color pencils and ink.  I added and extra element to it, see if you can guess what before you go look at the original (whose colors are much bluer than the picture I was working from.) Copying Picasso's painting really gave me and appreciation for how he abstracted the shapes and a new relationship to this painting.


No comments: