Monday, January 2, 2012

Four Mediums For Merbabies

A couple of posts ago I mentioned hosting a ATC exchange on Swap-bot.  Here are the results of my work.  From the many ideas I initially sketched, I decided to create my cards experimenting with different materials.  The first card completed was the colored pencil and ink drawing of the merbaby playing with his tail on the lower left.  The second one is the merbaby hiding behind her mommy (upper left.)  This is done in oil pastel and I like the pastel's watery effect.  The third, in the lower right corner) is a cut paper and ink merbaby playing with a starfish.  I was going for a Charlie Harper feel, reminiscent of his piece, Otter Delight.  (Browse this commercial site for more of his work)  The forth, upper right, is an ink and watercolor drawing inspired by Disney's Silly Symphonies-cartoon shorts created between 1929 and 1939.  Check out the cute video.

No comments: