Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Little Rococco

Its time for another Spoonflower fabric design contest.  The theme this week is fashion fabrics.  This seems like an incredibly open-ended contest and I expect many entries with some very different takes on 'fashion.'  I decided to focus my design on the fashionable hats and hairstyles of 18th Century Europe and really concentrated on France in particular. I limited my palette (color selection) and tried to capture a torn paper look for each of the portraits.
Another fabric design contest is up an running on Connecting Threads, a quilting fabric vendor.  Connecting Threads asked artists to submit designs with no particular theme in mind and artists could submit as many designs as they like.  Five winning artists will then create a collection based on the winning design.  I submitted three designs, the one below, the Moroccan Tiles print from the previous post and Garden Path with Chickens.  My designs are on page 20 under 'All Categories.'
  Thanks for taking the time to vote!

No comments: