Wednesday, November 28, 2012

New Shoes

My daughter is out growing her clothes at the usual furious pace of young children.  Believe it or not I squirrelled away some of the clothes my boys had.  (OK, actually I squirreled away just about all of them but I gave most away when we found out we were having a girl.)  So now that my girl needs some new sneakers out pop her older brother's new pair.  Ta-tah.  The only problem is she is a VERY girly girl.  My daughter had a lot of suggestions "These shoes need pink and purple, and some yellow too. And some flowers. And some glitter."  At that list I said "Stop, I can only do so much." So, after a little Pebeo Setacolor fabric paint in metallic pinks and purple and some Jaquard Neopaque yellow paint with a glaze of transparent Tulip glitter demensional fabric paint, as they say here, Voila! I hope she doesn't expect this every time. 

Here are my before and after pictures. Unfortunately, the glitter doesn't show up well in the photo.

2 comments:

Tish said...

Beautiful! Those are some happy feet there.

Wylde Iris said...

Thanks Tish!