Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Scarf project

September was a slow month for my art due to several changes in my life. I did get to do one significant project at the end of the month. A couple of friends and I got together, pooled our procion mx dyes and did tub dyeing as well as tie dying. This picture is a sample of the scarves I dyed. The scarves are velvet cut silk/rayon. We increased the temperature of the tub water for the silks and then added our cotton items when the water cooled down a bit. After I rinsed the scarves I then added another color from our squeeze bottles to give the scarves visual dimension. These will be for sell at the shop Artists on the Avenue.

No comments: