Thursday, March 8, 2012

Poppy ATCs

My newest creations for a Swap-bot exchange, poppies.  I can't say I have a favorite flower.  It is like having a favorite color, too many are beautiful to pick just one.  I do have several flowers that I really love and poppies are one of those.
I used a technique to create the flowers where I layered tissue paper down with gel glue.  When the tissue paper is dry, I cut it into the desired shapes.  The background for the ATC is a commerically available flocked (fuzzy) paper with Gustave Klimt lines and spiral.  I used that to suggest the stems and seed pods of poppies.  I then enchanced the lines with colored pencil.  It was a fun project and I plan on using a similar technique for the Iris ATC swap coming up.  Last day to sign up for that swap is 24th of March.

No comments: