Friday, April 30, 2010

Budding Artists?



My boys have always liked making things and I thought I would showcase a couple of their recent projects that I thought were impressive. The top photo is my oldest son. He was inspired to make a tree house from an article in Family Fun magazine. He did a presentation on this tree house for his boy scout troupe and plans on making the structure even more elaborate so he can enter it into the Montgomery County Fair this summer, assuming we haven't moved yet. The second photo is of my younger son. He was inspired to do this mixed media work after watching The Art of Quilting video with me. The beads on the top portion represent a park and litter, recycling as well as natural objects, such as leaves and stones. The bottom is a close-up of a cut paper slug and leaves of grass.

No comments: